Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon
      Forehand Rubber Nexy Karis M Max
      Backhand Rubber Nexy Karis M Max

Reviews
      Read 14 Reviews
      Liked 7,846 Times in 3,462 Posts
      Your coach could have been Brett Clarke advertising the benefits of straight arm forehand over bent arm forehand.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. Nexy Karis M for 2017. Xiom Vega Pro for 2017 and hopefully for life.

2. Top | #6342
      Senior TTD Member Country: Japan

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 80
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Spin Art

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,115 Times in 492 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      Your coach could have been Brett Clarke advertising the benefits of straight arm forehand over bent arm forehand.
      one of my problems is that i don't have ONE coach, but i take lessons from different ones, depending on their availability (and mine), even if i now favour one. So sometimes i have contradictory messages, or rather, each insist on something different.

I'm not good enough to be at the stage of seeking the "perfect" drive swing technique. I have much bigger problems to solve. My FH is relatively good (for my level) in rallies against topspin / block / flat balls. But against backspin its not at the same level. Thats my problem to solve.

And the observation that i'm losing my balance forward and keep being on the same right foot, I think is key. They / I should have found it earlier, but yeh my swing is going too much forward. I'm also too close from the ball. Because in rallies I like to try to hit the ball early with a shorter stroke, thats my style. But I can't /shouldn't play all balls like this.

But i've not adapted my positioning and form when playing against backspin... Well, not exactly, i've tried with some success to take the ball later and more on my side, giving me more space and a more comfortable timing, but the swing was too random and my right foot looking too much at 3 o'clock as well.

Basically i have to try anything until i find something which works out well for me.

3. Top | #6343
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon
      Forehand Rubber Nexy Karis M Max
      Backhand Rubber Nexy Karis M Max

Reviews
      Read 14 Reviews
      Liked 7,846 Times in 3,462 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      one of my problems is that i don't have ONE coach, but i take lessons from different ones, depending on their availability (and mine), even if i now favour one. So sometimes i have contradictory messages, or rather, each insist on something different.

I'm not good enough to be at the stage of seeking the "perfect" drive swing technique. I have much bigger problems to solve. My FH is relatively good (for my level) in rallies against topspin / block / flat balls. But against backspin its not at the same level. Thats my problem to solve.

And the observation that i'm losing my balance forward and keep being on the same right foot, I think is key. They / I should have found it earlier, but yeh my swing is going too much forward. I'm also too close from the ball. Because in rallies I like to try to hit the ball early with a shorter stroke, thats my style. But I can't /shouldn't play all balls like this.

But i've not adapted my positioning and form when playing against backspin... Well, not exactly, i've tried with some success to take the ball later and more on my side, giving me more space and a more comfortable timing, but the swing was too random and my right foot looking too much at 3 o'clock as well.

Basically i have to try anything until i find something which works out well for me.
      Straighten your am for backspin and point it downwards. That should be enough for your topspin stroke to work against backspin. Think helicopter.