• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest

Thread: What rubber should i use on my backhand?

1. Top | #1
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

Equipment:
      Forehand Rubber Razka 7 Soft 2,0
      Backhand Rubber Boost TC 2,0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What rubber should i use on my backhand?

Hello, Right now i have razka 7 soft on my forehand and it feels good and amazing.

But my backhand seems way to fast and hard to control with boost tc, Do anyone have tips on what to replace my backhand rubber with? Thanks

3. Top | #2
      Senior TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Falcon Fast w/ Fever handle
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzm 425
      Backhand Rubber Hurricane 3 BS

Liked 46 Times in 44 Posts
      Hey rassebrod, hope you find your time here enjoyable. So you're asking about your backhand and you feel that boost tc is much faster and with a little less control than you like. Could you please describe what your style is with your BH shots? For instance do you like to loop the ball when you attack or do you just flat hit with a punch like shot. And for your defensive shots do you like to push short or do you find yourself pushing deep into the table? Also how is your block? Are you able to block players attacks or do you find your blocks end up either into the net or off the table?

If you can answer these questions it'll help us a lot when we make suggestions.

Just off of your choice of rubber I would recommend maybe JOOLA Express 2 or Samba + for softer more control rubbers, but still with enough pace at 2.0 or max to really hit the ball well. Another more controllable rubber or rubbers would be the Adidas R line R4 or R6. R4 for a more allround style and R6 if you prefer that pop sound from some rubbers to really know you're hitting that sweet spot.

Let us know if we can help you a bit more after you've answered these questions.

4. Top | #3
      TTD Member Country: UK

Equipment:
      Blade Joola Rossi Emotion
      Forehand Rubber T05 2.1
      Backhand Rubber T80 2.1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Rassebrod,

I played with that very setup (Rakza + Boost TC), and found like you the Boost a little bit too fast.

I have tried successfully the Galaxy Moon Pro and / or the Mark V HPS Soft, both in 2.0. The Moon Pro is tacky, a bit spinnier and slower than the Mark V, I think.

They both allow to play with spin (backspin / topspin) and are slightly harder than the Boost, so a bit easier in blocks and drive. I find it gave me much more control and safety on my shots, without compromising too much with the speed.

One thing I would say, you should stay away from tensors, especially those of past generation which have (a bit like Boost) a kick that can be difficult to control.

Hope this helps.
      To try or not to try?

5. Top | #4
      V.I.P TTD Member Country: Malaysia
      Equipment:
      Blade STIGA EBENHOLZ VII
      Forehand Rubber STIGA CALIBRA LT PLUS
      Backhand Rubber XIOM VEGA PRO

Liked 149 Times in 116 Posts
      I tried Donic Acuda S3 on Sardius and it's absolutely super for BH loop. I just need to uncork my wrist a little and the ball would just fly over the net. Not fast, but serious spin. Very soft, and brilliant sound.
      To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun

6. Top | #5
      Senior TTD Member Country: Denmark
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom DHS W997 92.5g
      Forehand Rubber BH: Butterfly 64
      Backhand Rubber FH: Hurricane 3 National BS

Liked 145 Times in 96 Posts
      Why not try your Rakza 7 soft in your BH and see how that feels? I found that it had tons of dwell even though it was on a fast blade.
      Spare setup: Blade: Custom DHS W968 93.5g, FH: Hurricane 3 National BS (Black), BH: Tenergy 64 (Red)

7. Top | #6
      International TTD Member Country: Philippines

Equipment:
      Blade Clipper wood
      Forehand Rubber BH: Joola Rhyzm red
      Backhand Rubber FH: joola rhyzm black

Liked 6 Times in 7 Posts
      try Yasaka xtend or joola energy

8. Top | #7
      Regional TTD Member Country: Malaysia

Liked 4 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by rassebrod View Post
      Hello, Right now i have razka 7 soft on my forehand and it feels good and amazing.

But my backhand seems way to fast and hard to control with boost tc, Do anyone have tips on what to replace my backhand rubber with? Thanks
      Have you try vice versa (FH boost tc and BH razka 7)? You may be surprised.

9. Top | #8
      Senior TTD Member Country: Denmark
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom DHS W997 92.5g
      Forehand Rubber BH: Butterfly 64
      Backhand Rubber FH: Hurricane 3 National BS

Liked 145 Times in 96 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by fongchengloy View Post
      Have you try vice versa (FH boost tc and BH razka 7)? You may be surprised.
      As I wrote earlier