PDA

View Full Version : Table Tennis Camp

Anders123
02-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey guys

As my Table Tennis is getting more and more serious, i would like to take on a trip next summer. I can't really find any table tennis camps here in Denmark, so i thought if you guys maybe knew some good camps in England or just a place where they speak english. I have been thinking about going 15 days to China, but i think it's a long way to travel alone.

If you know a place where they have training camps in the summer, then please let me know! :)

jedimasterplk
02-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Why dont you go to the Werner Shlager academy in Austria. They have arguably the best facilities in the world, with world class coaches and staff.

Anders123
02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Why dont you go to the Werner Shlager academy in Austria. They have arguably the best facilities in the world, with world class coaches and staff.

Im not sure that im good enough for the Werner Schlager academy. And are you able to only stay for one or two weeks there? :)

PingPongPom
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
WSA would be quite costly perhaps compared to what you might be looking for

TTOski
02-15-2012, 02:21 PM
There is many camps i Sweden, close to you. I was in Falkenberg last year, and that was a really good camp, but not that very high level. And there is also 2 camps in Norway, "fokusleiren" and "stigalerien"

Anders
02-15-2012, 09:35 PM
There is many camps i Sweden, close to you. I was in Falkenberg last year, and that was a really good camp, but not that very high level. And there is also 2 camps in Norway, "fokusleiren" and "stigalerien"

Actually, there are 3 camps in Norway.. One on the west side too, in a place called Norheimsund ;)

But yeah, the one in Falkenberg sounds nice. Me myself are going to TTEX Summer Camp this summer, and it is supposely really good. Also in Sweden :)

Dan
02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Great suggestions guys.. There are also great camps in France you could have a look into :)

Vega
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Or have a look at Germany :) There are some camps like e.g. in Düsseldorf or Grenzau and some other places..

olvarox
02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
I've heard of some camps in Hungary & Rumania as well...
Poland for sure...

josh4209211
02-16-2012, 06:34 AM
i know some good camps in china as well, different places like beijing and shanghai or other places. really cool stuff

CTTC
02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Great suggestions guys.. There are also great camps in France you could have a look into :)

Dan, is it worth starting a sticky or front pages diary to show names, dates and places of all known camps for 2012??

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Anders
02-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Dan, is it worth starting a sticky or front pages diary to show names, dates and places of all known camps for 2012??

Steve

Great idea! :D

azlan
02-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Great Idea CTTC. Also, I think it would be good too to have an ITTF link to the main draw of each pro tour, so we may access to the updated results, draw and schedule for each round when watching the live streaming.

CTTC
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
The extra benefits of this is that we can arrange meet ups with other forum members at the camps and perhaps get discounts too.

Nothing worse than going to a training camp and not knowing anyone.

Steve

YosuaYosan
02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
If you mean the training centre here www.cntttc.org then yes, they got everything you need, incl. english speaking coaches :)

Anders123
02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
If you mean the training centre here www.cntttc.org then yes, they got everything you need, incl. english speaking coaches :)

Yeah Yosua, i had thought about that training centre. But to be honest. It's a bit longer than i wanna travel all on my own :)
I'm thinking about going to Stiga Sommerleir in Norway :)